The Adult Education Program
Our Program is distance learning. Distance education is a flexible and convenient way to earn your GED or Diploma from the convenience of your home or any place with an internet connection. The pace of the program depends on how quickly you can master the concepts and pass the required sections of the GED. Upon successful completion of your TASC Tests, you can receive one free certificate and transcript.
To request the free diploma and transcript you must contact Nevada TASC Test Records Requests at https://www.diplomasender.com.
What is High School Equivalency?
In the absence of a high school diploma, the TASC or GED (HSE) test is used as a measure of an individual’s basic competencies in the areas of English, Social Studies, Math, and Science. This certificate is accepted by the employment and college communities as an accurate assessment of basic skills.
Requirements for Testing and Issuance of Certificate:
- Minimum passing score (500) TASC
- Have not graduated from high school
- Not currently enrolled in a High School
- Resident of Nevada
- Present a photo ID
- 16/17 years old with written parental permission and approval from Nye County board of trustees.
What is an Adult Standard Diploma?
Nye County School District Adult High School Program may award an Adult Standard Diploma, signifying graduation from high school to a person who:
- Has never graduated from a public or private high school.
- Is 18 years of age or older at the time of the award.
- Is 17 years old and enrolled in an Alternative Education Program (Adult Ed. or Pathways)
- Has earned or waived (TASC) 20.5 units of credit required for a High School Adult Diploma.