Welcome to the Nye County School District
I would like to personally welcome you and your family to the 2019-2020 school year. It is my privilege and honor to serve as Superintendent of Nye County School District (NCSD). I continue to have the passion and commitment to serve this organization, as well as the desire to continue to make a difference in Nye County. I am very fortunate as a change leader to have a Board of Trustees who have been phenomenal in supporting me in implementing their vision of a high performing district.
Currently, in my eighth year as Superintendent of schools, I remain as committed to all NCSD students as I was going into my first year. Together we will continue to move forward with every child in mind. Our goal is to provide excellent instruction to every child, in every classroom, every day.
The vision of the NCSD Board of Trustees is "Every Student a Success." Their mission is to empower students to learn at their highest level in an environment of mutual respect. Their goals are as follows:
- Embrace a culture of learning for all
- Elevate achievement for all students
- Provide educational opportunities to support lifelong learning
- Promote ongoing family engagement in pursuit of our vision
- Increase the graduation rate
- Foster a safe and respectful learning and working environment
- Adapt and integrate technology to achieve our mission
We are excited to implement a new strategic plan this year, Destination 2025: “95 by ’25,” I.G.R.A.D.E.S. Please locate these documents within this website (click on the Strategic Plan link to your left), or contact your child’s school for a copy.
Please feel free to check out this new NCSD Website in more detail. You will find an abundance of information located within including links to your child’s school, the live feed, news and our Facebook page among other items.
NCSD made positive gains across the board on the 2016-2017 Nevada Summative Assessment (SBAC). The percentage of elementary students who earned a proficient score on the English/Language Arts portion of the test increased by 6.07 percentage points compared to the prior year and middle school students gained 2.61 points. For Math, there was a 5.17 percentage point rise in proficient elementary students compared to the previous school year, while there was a rise of 2.31 points for middle school students. Student ACT scores have been steadily climbing up in the district rankings over the past three years. NCSD remains focused on student achievement and the overall education process.
The State Edition of Infinite Campus is a district-wide system designed to manage attendance, grades, schedules, assessments, and other student information.Parents/legal guardians have on-line access to Campus Parent, a confidential and secure website to view your child’s progress in school, attendance, lunch balance, etc. Students have access to Campus Student. Both the parent and student portals have a new interface this year. The functionality, URL and your portal login will remain the same. If you require assistance, please ask for additional information at your child’s school.
On behalf of Nye County School District, Board of Trustees, the leadership and administrative team, professional staff and support staff, I welcome you to join us in preparing your child for their future. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance to you at any time during the school year. If you would like to volunteer for NCSD, please contact our volunteer office.
Dale A. Norton, Superintendent of Schools
Nye County School District
- Masters Degree in Administration and Bachelors Degree in Education.
- Driven by results, growth and enabling others to work at their highest level.
- Dedicated to enthusiastic and dynamic leading as a means of creating and nurturing a successful educational environment.
- WestEd Governing Board 2019
- Nevada Superintendent of the Year 2019
- Nevada Superintendents' Liaison: Nevada Interscholastic Athletic Association Board of Control
- Mayville State University Distinguished Alumni 2016
- Past President: Nevada Association of School Superintendents 2017-2018
- Past President: Nevada Association of School Administrators
- Past Board Member: Southern Nevada Officials Association (SNOA) – Basketball
- Nevada Association of School Administrators
- Southern Nevada Official’s Association
- Central Nevada Sports Officials
- Nevada State Championships' Official 1998, 2000 – 2001, 2005 – 2006 and 2008 (Football and Basketball)
- American Basketball Association (ABA) – Semi Professional Official
- Officiating Basketball and Football
- Spending time with family